comparethemarket.com and Godel Case Study
As a digitally native business, comparethemarket.com’s macro objective is to help customers find the right product, whilst saving money and time. This means delivering basic customer expectations, whilst also working to prioritise innovative product development initiatives to delight its customers.
comparethemarket.com needed to grow its software engineering capabilities to accelerate the execution of its strategy including the migration of some of its products to its modernised Comparison as a Service (CaaS) platform. In 2017, comparethemarket.com chose to work in partnership with nearshore software delivery partner, Godel.
comparethemarket.com and Godel have built a strategic partnership based on close collaboration, trust and transparency. As a result of this, Godel has been able to migrate several products to CaaS, delivering significant business value.
Working with Godel has brought a number of benefits to comparethemarket.com:
• Godel’s management of the Travel product enables comparethemarket.com to deploy its own engineering resources into other areas of the business – adding value elsewhere without losing velocity on key product streams. Godel’s product development management allows it to put forward innovations which can further uptick revenue generated
• The strategic technical implementations delivered enable comparethemarket.com to scale the strategy used for Travel to its extensive product suite, delivering CaaS benefits to its wider customer base
• Godel’s autonomous product teams are developing features for other comparethemarket.com insurance products (Life and Pet) – maintaining the legacy architecture and migrating them to CaaS, as they did with Travel
• The engineering practices employed on Travel – documentation, agile processes and more – mean that future migrations can be undertaken at a faster pace
• The partnership has delivered technical compliance with regulations such as GDPR and IDD on time without disrupting comparethemarket.com’s services
• The partnership has been recognised by the British Ambassador to Belarus, who commended the relationship as “a great example of partnership”, when she attended the official opening party of the Minsk comparethemarket.com “Nearshore Development Centre”.
“We chose to work with Godel as the team shared our working ethos… they are plain speaking, hardworking and deliver on their promises. The Godel team are now very much part of the comparethemarket.com family and have embraced our ‘Comparison as a Service’ (CaaS) platform, based upon reusable microservices, to build, run and own comparison products. Delivering projects ontime is important to us and the Godel team are frequent bangers of our celebratory project gong!” – James Lomas, CTO, comparethemarket.com
“We understood from the very beginning that you get more value from a partnership than a client/supplier relationship. In this regard, Godel has been the ideal partner. Both sides approach everything from a position of collaboration and transparency.” – Paula Giacchino, Senior Manager, Technology Planning & Resourcing, comparethemarket.com.