Award-winning Godel achieves record-breaking growth.
Godel, the nearshore software development company, has reported yet another record financial year. Turnover has increased to £35.6 million for the year to December 2019. Revenue is up 64% on FY2018 when revenues reached over £21.7 million. This is the fifth year in a row where growth has exceeded 50%.
In CEO Neil McMurdo’s first full year at the helm, the company continued its ambitious growth plans which included opening two new additional software development centres in Belarus – in the cities of Mogilev and Minsk (the third Godel office in Minsk), investing in its Manchester-based customer-facing sales and service delivery teams and now employing around 1,200 employees across Manchester and Belarus. Godel is the chosen partner for over 70 UK based brands delivering mission critical solutions and allowing them to expand their software development capabilities across a diverse range of industries.
• Key customer wins included RS Components, Domino’s, Sofology, and DealTrak.
• Ranking for the third consecutive year in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 league
• Winning the Mitchell Henry Prize at the MEN Business of the Year Awards for being the most ambitious company in Manchester
• Winning partnership of the Year and Agile Project of the Year awards with customer comparethemarket.com at the Real IT Awards
• Yuliya Maksimchyk won Software Engineer of the Year at the Computing Women in IT Excellence Awards.
• Becoming a Founder Patron of the East Manchester Youth Zone
“In a year of political and economic uncertainty in the UK, Godel has more than weathered the fall-out of the Brexit debate and has had another incredible record year of growth. We’re proud of the long-term strategic partnerships we’ve continued to build with clients – with some who’ve scaled to over 100 Godel team members,” explains Neil McMurdo, CEO, Godel.
“We work in partnership with these brands to provide a truly agile delivery model through knowledge-sharing, experience and software engineering skills from our growing number of nearshored development centres of excellence across Belarus.
“We have invested in our sales and service delivery teams based in Manchester this year – I believe it’s fundamental to recruit the right people at the right time, and after another hugely successful year we’re adding further expertise into our UK teams. The demand for our talent in the UK marketplace continues to grow and investing in our headcount will ensure that we continue to deliver in the quality manner that we all expect and are particularly proud of.
“It’s also great to be consistently recognised for the work via a plethora of award wins and league table rankings – both in terms of individuals within the company, in partnership with our clients and for our overall work.”