The free Yoti app is available for Apple and Android phones and takes less than five minutes to set up. People take a selfie and scan a passport or driving licence with their smartphone, which is transformed into a digital identity. For consumers, their digital identity will always be free to use and lets them prove their identity in seconds. It also slashes the time and cost required for businesses to verify customers.
With over 2.5million installs globally, once a user has created their Identity they can use it in different cases. Yoti will let people:
- Prove their age on nights out and at supermarket self-checkouts
- Prove identities to businesses without showing and photocopying paper documents
- Confirm the identity details of people they meet online, e.g. dating and classified websites
- Log in to websites more securely using biometrics instead of passwords
- Tackle touts by preventing login bots and through attaching verified identities to tickets
Yoti and Godel worked together on the MyVenue suite of products, which is where Yoti is used to verify people into establishments.